Ushering in a new year is always exciting – it reminds me of hope, new beginnings and time to start a new chapter. For the past few years, I have been blogging on the first day of the year and setting some goals for myself. Of course the past two years have thrown the best of plans astray.
So this year, I am doing something different. I am setting up quarterly targets for myself. I am hoping the shorter time frame will help me be focussed and I have more chances of forming habits.
2022 will be a year for ME, dedicated to all things ME and people who matter to ME. Hence I have broken them in key aspects of my life.
Health – I want to have a big focus on my health, including mental well being, this year. I let it go last year and am not feeling the best. So for the first quarter I will try and instill some good habits.
- Walk at least 30 mins every day.
- Exercise at least 3 times a week
- Sleep 8 hours every day
Friends and Family – Relationships are super important to me and bring joy to my life. So my focus will be on maintaining and enriching these.
- Talk to my parents and sister minimum bi-weekly.
- Monthly call with my cousins.
- Coffee catch up with a friend at least once a month.
Personal Growth – For the first quarter, I am setting simple goals that will help me set a habit.
- Read at least one book every month. Post review to have accountability.
- Learn a new language. Check if you can have a buddy for motivation.
Money – I have never cared about money and believe it’s value is when you spend it. But I also believe in moderation and financial health. With shopping now done on keyboard, I am turning into a shopaholic. So I need a goal for this quarter.
- No personal shopping this quarter.
My Boys – I will give renewed attention to my immediate world and ensure that we spend more time creating memories. In this busy life, I always tend to take the ones closest to be for granted!
- Monthly date with my darling husband.
- Monthly brekkie date with Yash – we have so much to chat about!
- No screen after 7pm and when we are together.
I am putting behind the past two years and looking fwd to embarking on a new journey in this new year. Bring it on!