An early start to the day! Our team has a monthly meeting and for the first one in the new year, my boss decided to take us for breakfast. It is my favourite meal of the day and I was happy, despite the fact that I had to leave home earlier than my usual time.
Breakfast was at The Glass Brasserie at The Hilton. The atmosphere was good and the company great. I had scrambled eggs with sourdough toast and potato rosti on the side. I was so busy eating that I forgot to take the pic. It was a great start to the day!
For lunch, I went with my friend Maria to The Tea Salon in Westfield. Like all girls, I love high tea. We did not have enough time for high tea but we had Darjeeling tea and I also had vegetarian ribbon sandwiches. After a full breakfast I was not very hungry and the sandwiches were delicious and filling. Again, no picture coz I was busy eating. I have to keep a reminder about taking pictures!
No gym night tonight and no cooking as well. We had a bowl full of Aloo Mutter(potatoes and peas) made in the fridge from the day before that we decided to use as a filling for sandwiches for dinner. It turned out to be quite good. Yash loves these sandwiches, so we had an easy dinner as a family! Below is the pic and the recipe.
- 2 Whole Potato (roughly chopped)
- 1 Whole Chopped Onion
- 1 Cup Pea
- 1/3 tsp Cumin
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric
- 1 tsp Amchur powder
- 1/2 tsp Chili Powder
- 1/2 Garam masala
- 1 Tbsp Oil
- salt as required
- Heat oil in a pan. When it is hot, add the cumin and let it crackle
- Add chopped onion to the hot pan and sauté till onions are translucent.
- Add the chopped potatoes and mix it well.
- Add all the spices and mix it well so that the potatoes are coated with the spices.
- Turn the heat yo medium and cover the pan till the potatoes are cooked and well done.
- Take off the heat and serve it with paratha or rotis. You can also garnish it with chopped coriander leaves.