I knew it will be a busy Saturday!
Between Gym and my brother moving, time flew.I skipped breakfast, which I usually do now on Saturday, as I had my Pilates class. I had 10 cashews before leaving enough to sustain for the hr long class. And oh how it stretched my body! My muscles are still a little bit sore coz they have stretched after ages!
Avi has already gone by the time I came back. We had cooked Masoor dal from previous night in the fridge, so I soaked rice and made my favourite guvar Ki fali (Cluster beans). They are not a native of Australia and I get frozen packages from the Indian supermarket. Avi does not much care for them but growing up, these were my favourite and I can eat a whole pack just by myself. With dal and rice, they tasted yum! The pic and recipe is below.
- 3 Pieces Garlic (Clove, quartered)
- 500 g Guvar (cluster beans) chopped in pieces
- 2 Tbsp Oil
- 1/2 tsp Chili Powder
- salt to taste
- Heat the oil in a pan.
- Add the chopped garlic and sauté for 2 mins.
- Add the chopped guvar phali. I use the frozen packet but if you are using fresh phali then you can pressure cook them before adding them to the pan.
- Add the salt and cover the pan for 10-15 minutes or till the beans are cooked.
- Add the chilly powder and sauté till the oil separates from the bean.
- Serve hot with chapatis or parathe.
We spent the afternoon moving my brothers’ things. By 5 I was hungry again and wanted to have something spicy. We have discovered these great frozen cheese and jalapeño samosas in Woolworth’s. They are a good fusion of east and west. That is what I fried for snacks. It was a lazy evening, and sitting in front of the TV in an air conditioned room, chomping samosas was perfect! Here is the pic to show how delicious they are.
Eating samosas meant that I was not hungry at dinner time. Avi had cucumber sandwiches and I finished with 2 boiled eggs. Tomorrow will be another busy day, hopefully not as hot as today.