Now as I mentioned previously, producers love making movies out of books as you have a good story and ready made audience in one go. But they also have to be careful as book lovers hate it when the adaptation is botched. Hell hath no fury then!
There are so many books made into movies. Here are my top 10.
- To Kill a Mocking Bird – The Harper Lee classic is a treat to watch with Atticus Finch. The book is of course a masterpiece.
- The Help – Another masterpiece by Kathryn Stockett, this is one of my favourite books and movies of all times. What I loved was that the movie adaptation was as good as the book.
- The Harry Potter series – While some movies fell short of the book, that was expected when you are making a series of movies on one of the most beloved books of all times. I can still binge watch and read them anytime.
- Little Women – The classic has been made in movies many times across different eras. I quite like the 2019 version with Emma Stone in it.
- Crazy Rich Asians – I watched the movie first and loved it. I then bought and read the book and it is as hilarious and kooky as the movie adaptation.
- Me Before you – I wasn’t sure when I came to know that they are making a movie on this book as to how it will turn out to be. But I was pleasantly surprised. The characters were very well etched just like the book!
- Da Vinci Code – I was thoroughly intrigued by the book and did my own research after reading it as I wanted to know more. The movie adaptation was great especially they nailed it by hiring Tom Hanks to play the part of Professor Robert Langdon.
- Gone with the Wind – Another classic book and another classic movie. Clark Gable as Rhett Butler and Vivien Leigh as Scarlett O’ Hara immortalised the characters.
- Gone Girl – I love thrillers and the book is one of my favourite. The movie adaptation is as good, in fact better in due to the actors playing the characters.
- Before I Go to Sleep – Another thriller! The movie adaptation has a stellar cast of Nicole Kidman, Colin Firth and Mark Strong. It is a very well made adaptation of the book.
I can probably think of so many more as I am going through this list but the above are my top 10. How many have you read and watched? I would love to know your list!