What a year – 2021!
I have designated it as the year of emotional upheaval, the year of highs and lows, the year that taught me to let life flow as we control nothing!
When I started 2021, I was hopeful. We had started seeing the back of COVID and while the pandemic was far from over, it was waning down, or so we believed. The first few months in Sydney were blissful. While we still took precautions like masks etc, the schools were open, we were meeting friends and life was back to COVID normal in the post pandemic world.
And then the rug was stripped beneath our feet. Delta hit the world and caused so much catastrophe and before long it was in Sydney, pushing us in a very long lockdown.
This time it was different – when lockdown was introduced in 2020, it was a welcome reprieve in a time poor world. We were forced to slow down and spending that time and energy with loved ones, the novelty of working from home, trying new ways to connect with friends was exciting. But in 2021, I felt anxious and uncertain and freedom was coveted and well received when it came.
My lessons from 2021 were short and swift, just like I felt the year went.
- Time is transient – don’t hold on to it but make the most of it.
- Life is best enjoyed when you let it flow.
- Uncertainty is the only certainty in life.
- Enjoy the differences when you meet people; that is what makes a wonderful company.
- Friends add colour to your life – enjoy the whole spectrum.
- Family is the foundation that anchors you. Continue to strengthen it.
Looking back, in spite of the setbacks and lockdown, I managed some great memories with family and friends. I hope that 2022 is a better year and I can go and hug my parents and my sister…I am ready for you 2022…..