Every year, on the last day, I take stock of the time gone by and my learnings. As humans, we have a tendency to look forward and how far do we have to go. But from time to time, it is great to look back and look at how far we have come and what all we learnt on the way. After all life is a journey, one which each of us experience differently even when we are taking it together.
This year was about sprinkling it with love and company of family and friends after 2 horrendous years of COVID.
My learnings for this year were few but long lasting:
- I managed to keep some goals and miss some others but I have learnt to be kind to myself. Having a goal and thriving for it is more important.
- We need less than we think we do. I did not shop for any wants for the first half of the year and I did not miss it. This will be my goal for next year too as I am cautious of reducing my footprint on earth as I am growing older.
- Happiness is a mindset and you have to develop it. Gratefulness and contentment are the foundations for building this mindset.
- Personal health reigns supreme. You can’t achieve anything in life without it. This includes both physical, mental and spiritual health.
- Talking to random people and strangers help widen your perspective. We need to do that more often.
- Family and friends are elixir for the soul. You need it to feel refreshed and rejuvenated.
The year was satisfying and lots of fun. Here’s a recap of the year for me. As I write this blog from my sisters home in India, I am looking fwd to usher in 2023 and create some more memories.