Another year, another morning. This new year morning is special as I ushered it with my sister and family. This was the first time that we were together at this time of the year since we both got married, so I know 2023 would be amazing.
Like every new year, I set some goals for myself. It has been a ritual for me and I like looking back at the end of the year to see how I went. So here are some for this year:
- My health remains a priority and while this year I let it decline in the last quarter of the year, I am keen to have monthly goals around physical, mental and spiritual health in 2023. I read this article this morning – 23 steps for a fitter, healthier you in 2023 – that you can actually sustain – and it is inspiring.
- Spend more time outdoors. It is a proven fact that spending time with nature improves our health and well being. To ensure I manage and reach this goal, I have joined the Gretchen Rubin happiness challenge. I will spend 23 minutes outside every day!
- My next goal is to not buy anything unless I am replenishing or replacing something. I am very aware of my footprint on this earth and as I am growing older, I want to reduce it.
- I am the happiest when I am singing. So I will record singing a song every week.
- I love wearing sarees and aim to wear 24 this year – that is 2 sarees a month.
- I read more books that I did last year but I can definitely read more. I am setting a goal of reading 12 books this year.
- Last but not the least, spend more time with people who matter and cut from people who add no value in my life.
My motto is to de clutter my life and let it flow. At the same time, I will be kind to myself and nit put too much pressure in myself if I don’t meet any goal. After all, life is for living every day and goals are just milestones to meet as we take the journey.