I took up the challenge of being meat free for March. I have been meaning to do it for some time now due to health reasons. I wanted to check if leaving meat had any affect on my health. When I started, I wasn’t sure I would be able to stick to it, but I am impressed with myself – I stuck to it through out the month! What I did discover was
- I felt lighter and my digestion was much better.
- I slept better due to the above
- Forbidden fruit is sweeter – there were times I almost caved in.
- I love my fish and prawns – more than chicken and meat, that is what I craved for more
- I can achieve anything if I put my mind to it – if I can be meat free with yum cha, dumpling nights, Chinese work shenanigans, Indian buffet – I can be a vegetarian if I want to!
So while the challenge is over and I loved not thinking about what I was eating celebrating Easter with friends, I will continue to practice meat free days from now on. Meat free Monday and Thursday sound fantastic! I may discover some new foods through that. Watch this space!