It is my birthday today, I am a year older and a year wiser? I think so! Now that I am on the other side of 40, my birthday reminds me that I am getting closer to the finish line in the quintessential way! The finish line can be any time really but in the traditional sense too, I am getting closer to it with each passing day.
My 40 years in this world has taught me a few things:
- Life is a journey and we are all moving towards our own destination.
- It is not a competition and we all have our own stories to write.
- Fear will take you nowhere, so continue working on what scares you.
- Live for you, others will judge you no matter what you do, so who cares!
- Success means different things for different people at different stages! So don’t measure yours with theirs.
There are many others and this article sums them up nicely. I am very lucky that I am surrounded by my friends and family whom I love and cherish and am thankful that I get the same in return. I am grateful that I have so many loving and giving people in my life making it so much easier! Here’s to that thought, till tomorrow……